Welcome to our blog which this week is all about having some festive fun.
So get out your pen and perhaps a glass of wine and try this out on your family and friends.
And here is the Christmas Quiz – The answers are listed below
1. In Charles Dickens’ novel A Christmas Carol, who was Scrooge’s dead business partner?
2. The song White Christmas was first performed in which 1942 film?
3. London’s Trafalgar Square Christmas tree is traditionally given by which country?
4. In the song The Twelve Days of Christmas, ‘…my true love brought to me nine…’ what?
5. The character Jack Skellington appears in which 1993 Tim Burton film?
6. What colour are the berries of the mistletoe plant?
7. In the inspirational 1946 film ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’ what’s the name of George Bailey’s guardian angel?
8. What is New Year’s Eve called in Scotland?
9. What Christmas item was invented by London baker and wedding-cake specialist Tom Smith in 1847?
10. In what year was Band-Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas the UK Christmas chart-topping record?
11. Which country did St Nicholas come from?
12. Who wrote How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
13. From which country does the poinsettia plant originate?
14. Who wrote Auld Lange Syne?
15. How many points does a snowflake have?
16. What is the name of the cake traditionally eaten in Italy at Christmas?
As Garrison Keillor said – The lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.
Wishing you a peaceful, relaxing and fun holiday and see you in the New Year
Charlotte and Matt
Next blog – Tuesday 5 January 2016